Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Don't You Love Designer Couples!

I love reading about couples who design together! Especially since I know that could never happen here, my husband and I would not fare well in that department. That is why I have my sister Suzanne.  Design is always fun to do with a partner, but imagine always bringing your work home with you. You have to have a true love of the craft and a strong relationship as well! There are so many fabulous couple teams such as the Howards and the Novagratz, but I really love the Misczynski team!
They have both worked for famous designers Michael Smith,  architect Richard Meier and Rose Tarlow. They were especially influenced by Rose Tarlow who encouraged them to connect and design together.
Michael seems to favor the architectural aspect while Alexandra is all about the fabric, furniture etc. However, they both share a love for gorgeous antiques and use them in all projects in a simple eye catching way!
They made the AD100 list of top designers for 2012. This after just becoming a team of a little more than 10 years together, that is impressive! They also have designed for the likes of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Michael Eisner and Eli Broad to name a few.  Their book is a must have for the designer collection: Interiors-Atelier AM, published by Rizzoli.
Please enjoy!


Alexandra and Michael at the AD100 ceremony in NYC.











Credits: 1stDibs, AD, BFANYC.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, so beautiful, and those lacquered walls are dramatic perfection. Thank you for sharing.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog..I love that rust colored wall. It's such a warm and passionate color! I hope you'll come say hi..I'm going to follow you!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I want those walls too!! Will be over to visit as well,
      xo Karolyn

      Delete
  3. Very cool content, love your blog! Following you :)
    -Kosi
    http://onecreatesoneself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, cannot wait to check out your blog as well!
      :) Karolyn

      Delete
  4. I love every one of these rooms - stylish yet relaxed. If I were to choose a favourite, it would be the room with the two arched windows - so much light. Delighted to be your 50th Follower!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name of you blog it's so cool! I love that room as well, the architecture really makes it!
      :) Karolyn

      Delete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!