Sunday, January 12, 2014

Artist of the week,"Jeremiah Goodman ".



I am in awe of Jeremiah Goodman's work!  His interpretation of the top designer's interiors are just stunning. The works are done with gouache on paper and have a dreamy quality due to his application of paint to paper!  He was kind enough to allow me to post this wonderful video showing the artist at work. I learned so much from this short film that I feel inspired to head back to art class this week with a whole new perspective on brush stroke.  
Jeremiah Goodman was born on October 22, 1922.  He attended the Franklin School of Professional Art, and the Parsons School of Design, where he studied painting with Betty Carter. Jeremiah had initially wanted to become a Hollywood Set designer, which I think contributed to the wonderful way he approached interiors as he went on to concentrate on rendering them. He eventually In 1952 he began illustrating rooms, furniture, and fashion accessories for Lord and Taylor’s newspaper advertising.  Gradually, his work also began appearing in the editorial  pages of magazines, including The New York Times Magazine, Harpers’ Bazar, House and Garden, and Interior Design, whose covers he illustrated every month for 15 years, for which he received, in 1987, the prestigious Hall of Fame Award in recognition for his contribution in the field of interior design.
I feel these pieces of art although may date back to the 1950s to 80s are totally eclectic and current and will appeal to true art lovers and will fit into any well designed  interior space!  You may also want to buy his book which lets you see into life and works of this fabulous artist.


 Jeremiah's Book is available at Amazon!
The artist's prints available at-Dean Rhysmorgan










9 comments:

  1. His work is amazing! I loved watching the video!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful video and these watercolors are absolutely gorgeous...just love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive just watched the video, he is simply amazing! His works are truly example of masterpieces. Happy Monday dear! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! These are among my favorite paintings, ever! LOVELY!!! And you my dear, you are starting an art class! HOW FUN! I wish you so much joy as you learn new things! My husband and I started taking our POETRY classes last summer, and now during the school year, we've been hosting poetry workshops in our home. We love learning something new about HOW to approach the art. And you too will be learning so many techniques. I wish you lots of FUN! Thank you for coming to visit! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's not a name I am familiar with but I'm sure I've seen his work and not known it. Beautiful, beautiful pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karolyn these works of art are gorgeous! Goodmans brushwork is perfection, I loved the video.
    Thank you!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! Reminds me of Cecil Beaton quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karolyn I am thrilled to see this video and meet this artist. I adore his work and his process. Thank you so much for including this post. I am going to look up how to buy a print- possibly, if affordable. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want HIM to paint a room for me!Then I will know if I like what I have done or NOT!ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!