Monday, April 21, 2014

Darryl Carter At Kips Bay!

I am so excited for this year's Kips Bay Decorator Show House! It is at The Mansion on Madison formerly The Villard House,which is attached to the New York Palace.  I will be a docent there on the 13th and 14th of next month, not sure what room I will be in as of yet but I am dreaming of Darryl Carter's! I have long been a fan of his work and style.  His books "The New Traditionalist" and "The Collected Home" have been my go to books for peaceful design inspiration.  I for one cannot wait to see what he has in store for us at Kips Bay this year.  I also would love to take a road trip to visit his new Boutique located on 1320 Ninth Street, Washington DC.  It is chock full of antiques and pieces made especially for Darryl that are keeping inline with  his subtle yet textured and patina laden design.  So what do you think Darryl's room will look like? Will he surprise us with color or keep that peaceful well worn retreat feel that he is famous for.. we will see!  Get your tickets and information about this years house Here.Happy Monday everyone!


Lions are big at Darryl's boutique!

Or lions can be small too, I love these!!

Love the concrete bowls for texture too!











Credit-Elle Decor

12 comments:

  1. That is something to look forward to!
    And less than a month away.....
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could look at images of his spaces all. day. long.

    thanks for the soothing inspiration this morning.

    michele
    votrevu.com/hellolovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karolyn, hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend! Well done, Im really hapy for you! His works are a masterpiece, wish I visited it too! Happy Monday to you too, kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to love?!! I am in love with the sculpture of course. Time to look through my issue!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lions. That should be exciting. I just got my Mansion in May tickets thanks to you for the recent blog post reminding me! Enjoy your week!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo! I absolutely adore Darryl's works and cherish my copy of The Collected Home!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you! I adore Darryl Carters work and have been to his studio in DC. I'd love to see Kip's one day! Please share it all and have a wonderful time. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like such an amazing thing to be a part of! His designs are amazing!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the masters who manages to make neutrals look anything but ordinary. Love it! Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Karolyn! Love the sculptures and the his style .. a little rustic, clean ~ elegant lines, all with a simple, serene feel. xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Blog :)

    Wanna follow each other on GFC???
    Just let me know and I will make sure to follow ya back

    My Blog: Beauty-Fulll

    My Store
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is really talented and I know someone who knows him well and said he is the nicest guy..so that makes him even more amazing! He has a great style in his rooms. I cannot wait to go either, love showhouses.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!