Sunday, November 2, 2014

SIMPLICITY-Nancy Braithwaite

I went to a meeting the other day and my lovely client presented me with a token of her appreciation. She saw "Simplicity" and thought I would love it.  I was touched and happy that she truly understands our taste and philosophy. 
 The book "Simplicity" book by designer Nancy Braithwaite is full of simple yet elegant interiors. Nancy has been doing design for over 30 years and she considers her work luxuriously minimalist. This doesn't mean void of color or boring instead her philosophy follows an underlying rule that each element should strive to be simple and powerful without compromise. Every room must have a level of power that comes from scale, repetition of elements, subtleties of color and sheer beauty of forms. 
We have always strived for balance and scale with our design and seeing these fabulous rooms just drives it home for me. I always encourage greenery within spaces and I love seeing that come to life in this book.  "Simply stunning"  about sums this book up! If you are looking for a perfect Holiday gift for the person who loves art and design this book should be at the top of your list.  Enjoy!





























11 comments:

  1. When I saw Nancy's book, Simplicity, I IMMEDIATELY headed to Amazon!
    I have simplifying and been adding pops of black to our home for about two years. Her book is at the top of my inspiration pile right now.
    Happy November, Karolyn!
    ~Lynne
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good one Karolyn! I love the simplicity of her designs, but as you said certainly not boring by any means....they are very restful and feel so peaceful. Hope you are having a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stairway is amazing!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect gift and sweet client! I love that book and Nancy's curated style. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply said is always so striking to me. Gorgeous book and gift!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book looks amazing and I'm dying over the bedroom with the canopy bed…simple and gorgeous!!! Happy Monday, Karolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She uses so many artful accessories in her designs, especially love the master bedrooms!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet client! That book looks lovely.

    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such striking work!! It's edited, interesting and beautiful. This looks like a fabulous book. Can't wait to get my copy. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!