Saturday, January 24, 2015

Red Done Right!


It's everywhere!  There are touches of red and pink for Valentines Day promoting love and romance.  How about a little romance at home? When red is done right it's darn right romantic! Red is a tricky little color. The wrong red used with the wrong colors can leave a room looking off balance and a bit I dare say "garish".  However when the real depth of red is used or a lovely counter part such as pink with colors such as black, turquoise, deep yellow,  lively green, or blue, watch out you have a winner.
Here a few ways that red was used just right. How would you add red to a room for that "wow" factor? Have a great weekend everyone!

Cant fine my source from Pinterest! Love this whomever this belongs too!
Credit




Credit

Credit

Credit

Credit

Credit

Credit

Credit

Credit

Credit

Lisa Fine Apartment


Credit




Credit



Credit


Credit


12 comments:

  1. These rooms are amazing! I love how prominent red is right now!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% on your thoughts on red. Very tricky to be done right. These shots are fantastic! Hope you are doing well!

    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I could see adding touches of red vs. having an entire room of red, I prefer calm settling spaces, but have to say your beautiful post could certainly make me rethink things......have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it really can be hard to get it right. I think I like touches of red the best. Maybe it's because I have had a red dining room for way too many years now. I used to really love it but have grown tired of it over the years.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like red and wear it often. I also have red accents in my predominately neutral home. i think red is a color that just a little goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pops of red. I once had a red kitchen that I LOVED! But needed a completely remodel and lost my red. sad:(....So I did one of my rooms in gray and added pops of red. Have you ever tried to get the painting color of red that you want??? That's a tough one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Red it a tough one I love Fine Paints of Europe's REDS! Thanks for popping by!!

      Delete
  7. I've always had a hard time living with red. I'm trying to incorporate it in my home with fresh flowers and small accents in fabric. So far so good....I always know when I've crossed the line! Funny thing, I've always enjoyed it in other people's homes. Go figure!
    Sharon
    The House of Hampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karolyn I love touches of red! I have done a powder room in red and would like to replace a bamboo piece with a red lacquer sideboard !

    Great images!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red is a strong color that most people cant live with....but I love touches of red in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eye catching images, Karolyn. The red definitely makes the spaces pop! I'm not a big red person but I have a couple of well placed red vases that add a twist. Great post! Happy Monday! xx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!