Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Watery Tones...

I love helping friends and family with design projects.  My sister is working on her new family room and we have been inspired by colors found in water. I am loving the mix of taupe/ gray and watery blues to make for a relaxed space.  Good ole Pottery Barn came to the rescue with two fabulous sloped armed waterfall skirted sofas, done  in fantastic Perennial fabric. This fabric has been my go-to fabric for anyone who has children or pets since its indoor /outdoor and stands up to stains. Here are a few things ordered and ready to go now its just finding a console table, lighting, and accessories!

Room color choice.

Love the sofas!

Still deciding whether tray or no tray is in order here!


Rug"taupe sisal", blue velvet for ottoman and pattern for throw pillows!

Existing cool toned leather chairs.

Hoping to wire in a great lantern!

Now just console, extra small upholstered stools and accessories and of course art!

14 comments:

  1. Love this palette, there is something so incredibly soothing about it... I love the look without the tray but with the tray is so practical, and functional. Have fun, looks like a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colors together. I have been wanting to paint a room Edgecomb gray so I am excited to see how your project turns out!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have guessed that's a Pottery Barn sofa - love it! And that lantern is gorgeous - this is going to be a spectacular space!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need your advse on Edgecomb Gray for an exterior color. Tell me, please.....your thoughts? This is a color that my HOA has approved in the pallett. Im courious as to what you might have to offer up...
    Thanks you! I look forard to hearing,
    Sharon
    The House of Hampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you already know I love what you've chosen. The gray paint color is splendid and I'm loving the the blue and the rug too. OK, when can you come to see me? xxxxx's

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the stylish plan, and i'd feel right at home. peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many of my favorites...using the lanterns and fabrics, too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sister-in-law is a lucky girl to have you helping her! GREAT choices! Have a beautiful day, Karolyn! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like it's going t be a lovely room - you can't beat watery tones for a space that is calm and relaxing! Hope you are having a lovely week, Karolyn! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blue velvet ottoman with the sisal rug! This will be so pretty Karolyn.. love the colors. PB has come a long way and they've got some beautiful pieces. xxL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karolyn I have a large tufted ottoman in my study and have a nice tray sitting on top of it. Just me, I like that look better!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The HighBoy featured at The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I have too Karena, trying to convince my sister to go that way!

      Delete
  12. The colors are gorgeous and love all of your picks. I like the ottoman without the trays, but the trays would be so functional!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!