Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Reviving The Butler's Pantry

We are in the midst of construction chaos here! Tile and counters are installed in kitchen, and I am on the list for the painter! Supposedly this place will actually get painted in June, fingers crossed. Counter has been installed in butlers pantry now it's time to move on to tile and floor. Our house came with the butler's pantry and I actually think there was a servant here 200 years ago that used it. Today it's only me, the "butler of the house"!  It was very dated as we totally neglected this little  of a space. Neglected no more we will bring this little gem back to life.  I have my game plan ready but I do love to see what others have done in their pantries. I personally love the mix of closed and open shelving, and since our pantry doubles as a bar area we installed pearl quartzite  so it would be more durable.  Do you have a pantry and what's your favorite style?


GOOD BYE old pantry, your face lift is in progress!




Sneak peak of progress, new counters, sink , faucet and cabinet door  removed and space increased and for new fridge, old small space turned into a wine bottle holder!

Next are some of my favorite pantries!









12 comments:

  1. What fun, I cannot wait to see how your's turns out. All the pictures are equally incredible spaces. fondly ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne thank you for the lovely comments! xo Karolyn

      Delete
  2. I love this little space! It looks fabulous so far, as do all of your inspiration photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the sneak peeks!! And I am all for the beautiful and classic butlers pantry staying en vogue, even really small ones,......they are beautiful and functional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great inspiration here, looking forward to seeing the final version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have alway dreamed of having a butlers pantry. It would be the greatest thing!!! Ever! I can't wait to see yours all styled up.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the finished product, Karolyn. You have gorgeous taste. Love the new countertops!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted a butler's pantry and have never had one in any house I have owned. I am sure yours will be gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the reveal! I actually like the door on that pantry, but I know whatever you come up with will be a million times better. Amazing what removing a green tiled countertop can do to a space haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved watching that green tile go in the garbage I loved with it for far too long!

      Delete
  9. Wow I'm so excited for you! You're so lucky to have that space and your countertops look gorgeous! Good luck with your projects and getting it painted soon! XoNancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting! Those countertops are beautiful!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!