Monday, April 2, 2012

Artist of the Week: Catherine Nolin!


I am intrigued by the work of Catherine Nolin! Each painting seems to tell a secret story, one that you can either relate too or wish to be a part of!  You begin to wonder who the I characters are in her painting, and also how Catherine comes up with these marvelous colorful interior vignettes! Catherine graciously has allowed me to feature her as the artist of the week. You may see more of her work on Etsy, her blog, and website.
At a young age Catherine was enrolled in classes at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.
After that experience she  continued developing her drawing skills, and became interested in Italian Renaissance. She often incorporated objects and themes from this period. In college she also studied pottery, figure drawing and art history. After she was married, and had three children, the youngest diagnosed with autism, she found that now painting became a form of therapy! What started as a part time retreat for her, now blossomed into a full-time career. She works out of her home studio and her paintings have been sold all over the world, and  have been exhibited throughout the North East. There are so many fantastic paintings to choose from but I picked some my personal favorites to post, please visit her on:







Catherine's latest work, I love it!!
Hope you enjoyed them as much I as do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!