Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Architect Crush - Andrew Skurman!

I consider myself very lucky and grateful to live in a lovely little farmhouse in the semi-country side of New Jersey. I still do have dreams of creating a european influenced cottage somewhere, but then again a girl can dream. If I could do it and do it well, my dream Architect would be Andrew Skurman.
According to Houzz : Andrew Skurman Architects, based in San Francisco, designs some of the most striking, sophisticated and architecturally appealing custom houses and interiors being built today. The firm specializes in residences inspired by the classical architectural traditions of French châteaux, Mediterranean villas and Georgian country houses.  

Andrew Skurman's style is impeccabel and classic and he has a book available so that you can see how he has created timeless abodes for his clients.  Well, here's to wishes and dreams! To see more fabulous homes by his firm go HERE!






















12 comments:

  1. Hey Karolyn, I too am a huge fan of his work, he often collaborates with Suzanne Tucker another huge talent and together they create some dreamy spaces!! I love the ones you featured, hope your beautiful project is coming along, can't wait to see:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karolyn I can definitely see why you are drawn to Skurman's designs.His architecture is so exceptional and expressive. I adore his outdoor entertaining areas, very secluded and serene.

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh .my. I am in love with his work! Everything flows so beautifully.

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree, Karolyn. His work is fabulous and the first house is one of my absolute favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dream house! The scale is not overwhelming and the lines are stunning. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. His portfolio is amazing. Every room is so well curated. Every detail, every object, is right at home. His outdoor living spaces are my favorite. What a talent!
    Thank you for always leaving such nice comments on my blog:)
    I hope your kitchen and outdoor bar projects are going well. Looking forward to seeing them!
    xo, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte you have a great blog! Come be my guest blogger sometime!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! The first home reminds me of a home I saw in Florida recently. Hope your week is going well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karolyn, his work is indeed amazing. My favorite is the first house it is spectacular. I am looking forward to all of your updates and progress on your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!