Monday, January 27, 2014

Special Preview of 2014 Mansion In May- Blairsden!


Blairsden was constructed between 1898-1903. It was the home of C.Ledyard Blair, a New York financier. Blair was the grandson of a self-made multimillionaire, philanthropist and Princeton University benefactor John Insley Blair. His fortune came from mining and also construction of most of the American rail system. 
The Mansion itself is 62,000 square feet and the architecture is in the manor of Louis XIV- Chateau Style.  The renowned Architect firm Carriere and Hastings, who also designed the New York Public Library and  The Frick Mansion among others designed this amazing home!
After Blair's death in 1949, the 600 acre estate was divided and the mansion was sold to The Sisters of Saint John The Baptist, who used it as a retreat until the 1990's.
It is now privately owned and you can see the post I did on Blairsden back in September 2012 :HERE.

Blairsden Hall is located in the lovely rolling hills of Peapack-Gladstone, New Jersey.
This designer show house will benefit The Goryeb Children's Hospital at Morristown Medical Center. It will specifically benefit the expansion of the PICU and also the new Pediatric Autism and Child Developmental Center.
Advanced Online tickets go on sale February 1, 2014 until April 30, 2014 : Price-$40.00
Tickets at the door and online in May are:$50.00 per ticket.
You may also purchase a Private and Guided tours which include lunch at the MIM Cafe for a group up to 12 persons or individual for $100.00 per ticket. Please make Reservations online.

For all tickets and information please see here - February 1, 2014 - www.MansionInMay.org
Please check in often as I will be posting many updates and interviews with both designers and committee members as we approach May, and believe me you will not want to miss this  years Show House! I will also tell you places to stay, eat shop, etc. just incase you have to travel from a distance to see this amazing Mansion In May.
Onto the fabulous sneak peak historic and today's before images of this years Mansion In May- Blairsden!








Blairsden

If you could believe it , these are the Before shots! One can imagine what these rooms will look like once the designers get a hold of them, only one way to find out! 
Come visit 
The Mansion In May!













                                                 

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It will be fabulous, if you decide to come out let me know !

      Delete
  2. Karolyn this mansion will be even more stunning when the designers work their magic!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know can you imagine!! Having bones like that to work with!!

      Delete
  3. Those images are stunning!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what an extraordinary venue this will be! Incredible bones and architecture!! I will definitely make the drive up to tour this showhouse. Can't wait. Any suggestions on shops nearby, Karolyn? Thanks! Stay warm, Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Loi, if I were you I would do an over night for sure at the Bernardsville Inn. Plan dinner at Ninety Acres at NATIRAR or the Inn. Then maybe do a little day trip the next day to Summit to see Bonnie Neimans place and The Muddy Boot which is about 10 minutes from Bernardsville! You will be pleasantly surprised that you are in NJ!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is stunning!!! Our own little piece of history in NJ!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! I haven't been to a Mansion in May in a few years. I really need to get tickets for this year. Thanks for the reminder!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW FANTASTIC!
    Are you designing one of the rooms. Karolyn? Oh my heavens!

    LOVE seeing and hearing about old mansions in our country -- rich with
    history and intrigue! Thanks for sharing all these photos.

    Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish!!! Next one I will! I am doing the press for this and also being a docent in the house. I love history and I am so excited to meet the new homeowners and see what will be planned for the renovations!

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous building! I can only imagine it in its day filled with socialites and beautiful furnishings! How fun to be a docent and be involved with the tour. I would love to come see it! Keep us posted! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing appeals to me more than a house like this with the history behind it! You have to give us the after pics! I agree…I can' t believe how beautiful the before pictures are! What fun to be a docent during the tour. Have fun and thanks for sharing this with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG what a fab mansion! Beautiful even before as you said! xo Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's incredible as it is now! Hope they do this majestic beauty justice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Come and see. It opened today. Here is a video of how I painted the Entry Hall ceiling Mural. www.andrewtedesco.com

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!