Thursday, August 21, 2014

Magical Floor- Mirth Studio!

Mirth Studio was started by Interior Designer and Decorative painter Sally Bennett. Sally worked for high end clients through out the New York Area and did some amazing painted floors for them. When it came time to do her own home she wanted the same look without the labor and time consumption. She thought about ceramic tile but felt it was cold and hard so she moved onto  trying to created the same effect with wood. After months of research she found an American company with 30 years experience  to manufacture 12 x 12 sized 1/2 inch thick engineered hardwood tiles! These tiles are very durable and have 10 coats of abrasion resistant UV hardened 100% resin polyurethane.  Oh how I want to use these tiles! You can have crazy color or subtle shading the sky is the limit and they will even do custom! 
Check them out and you may wanting to rip out an existing floor just to have some fun with Mirth Studio Tiles!

MIRTH STUDIO


Below are some of my favorite picks!















16 comments:

  1. grey and white macau, please! lovin it big time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous patterns to choose from. There are so many that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, and to be so durable! Thanks for sharing, Karolyn.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely perfect! I love a good gallery wall and this is it. Very inspiring.
    Top Floor Apartment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for inspiring me with such great graphic designs. I want to paint my back porch concrete floor something bold and a pattern with punch. Usually during the Summer, we have a sisal rug but I think something bold would be so nice to look at and admire under foot when the room becomes more of a spot to pass through rather than to linger. It is one of my favorite spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of you do you better post that beauty! Best, Karolyn

      Delete
  6. Wow! Amazing. I love the Greek Key and Chevron patterns. Fantastic resource, Karolyn. Have a lolvely weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those are really beautiful.

    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hardwood tiles who knew... I think Blossom is my favorite. Havve a happy weekend and thank you for following my blog.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not know this existed! Great idea; Im sure we'll be seeing more and more of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog I checked your out and it's great!

      Delete
  10. That is so neat,....I had no idea these even were around. Such a great idea. I love the Macaul and Greek key designs...fabulous!
    Saw your send off on Instagram, sure hope all went OK. Its been a really emotional week for me, its hard just walking past his room. Even looking at my current post makes me cry but both happy and sad tears:) Just hard to see them go.....but at the same time I am so excited for him and I am sure you feel the same!! Best of luck to your daughter Karolyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina, when i think about how fast time has gone I get so melancholy! I hope your son does great at college and with a Mother like you I know he will!!

      Delete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!