Friday, September 19, 2014

Cotswolds Modern

I was perusing Pinterest for art inspiration as I am off to take an abstract paint class given by my dear friend Maureen Chatfield at the Hunterdon Art Museum.  I was looking for landscape or architecture and came across this amazing modern home in the Cotswolds.  I am not a true modernist but I do appreciate the architecture and minimal decor.  This one is a mix of both modern and traditional Cotswolds design.  I was instantly smitten. The link lead me to Home Adore which now I adore! It has posts by people that are really inspirational and very interesting.  If you aren't familiar with it check it out.  Meanwhile, I will leave you with Modern in the Cotswolds and have a fantastic weekend everyone!

HOME ADORE
















10 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Karolyn!
    Brilliant!
    The Cotswolds meet the Cubists!
    Enter...Braque!...Picasso!
    Have fun channeling this inspiration into your own expression!
    I am completely enchanted by image # 14!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though a little minimalist for my taste, I love the blend of new with the old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a stunning. Even if it's not my personal preference I can appreciate how the clean lines and materials chosen work with the verdant countryside that surrounds. Must of the architecture in Iceland had an ultra-mod vibe. Something I would never try at home, but it was fun to spend a few days there pretending that I was an ultra-mod girl!

    Can't wait to hear more about your painting class, Karolyn. I've been thinking about abstracts lately. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning space. I have to say, I love the minimalism. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always taken away by how clean and organized modern homes looks but in my heart I just have a soft spot for the traditional homes!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like a breath of fresh air, I could move into that first beauty in a heartbeat. Love the clean, sleek aesthetic. Happy weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It a VERY cool the way the blended it in with the traditional Cotswald style by using the same materials. Have you been to Philip Johnson's Glass House in New Canaan? You would love it! Have a fantastic weekend, Karolyn! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karolyn it is actually the perfect venue for featuring large works of art, which I would love to see more of! Fabulous!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh. what i wouldnt give to take a soak in that tub. heck, just to stay there!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!