Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Peak At Powder Room!

I am so excited that my dear friend's house is finally coming together! We installed both powder room and living drapery yesterday, and all the furniture pieces are in place too. It's just time to accessorize now!
I just love how the powder room turned out and I thought I would share it with you . Yes, I am giving out a few secrets because I like you !
I cannot wait to share the living room with you when it is accessorized, so stay tuned.

It started with a thrift shop lamp that cost $7.00!  This hanging fixture did need rewiring but that was a minimal cost. Then it definitely needed some updating and spunk. That's when good old model car paint and a gold marker came into play.  Model car paint is fabulous! It goes on glossy and stays glossy.  It also  comes in a variety of fun colors. The gold marker is just plain easy to work with. 


Then we wondered -"What color do we choose"?
That's when this trim below chose it for us!




Look at this little rescue in it's new home!



That lovely little Samuel & Son's tape trim found it's way onto our great valances.


Here are a few little secrets...

Testors brand model paint you can find at Michaels or Walmart.


Only a few left of this petite mirror, which was the perfect fit for our tight little space.  It added a tribal feel along with the Schumacher Leopard Wallcovering and Fabric!
Many asked on Instagram about the mirror so here it i.
Follow me on Instagram for fun pics that don't make the blog!

Water Hyacinth Mirror

15 comments:

  1. Looks so fabulous!!! The model paint is a great tip. I'll put that one in my folder for future use. Can't wait to see the living room. I saw a glimpse of that fabulous Albert Hadley settee on Instagram...gorgeous!!!
    ~Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte! You will love that model paint!

      Delete
  2. You are so insanely talented, Karolyn!! Hope you are enjoying this last "official" week of summer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a little jewel box of a powder room. I will be using this paint, thanks for the tip Karolyn!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Featuring Sharon Santoni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the rest. I always appreciate a touch of vintage. It feels unique and can't be replicated.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karolyn - I love it! You have the magic touch. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karolyn,
    It would be so nice if you lived in Dallas! I certainly could use your artistic and talented touch.
    I do love this powder bath!
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job! Love the accent of the turquoise and the paper is fabulouso! You did a wonderful job and I bet shes over the moon:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job all right....love the wallpaper and love the chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how masterfully you redid that thrift shop chandelier! What a masterpiece and such a special addition to the room. I adore the color selection too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this bathroom! What a great tip to use Tester paint. I am going to have to try this on something now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your choices and that bathroom! Drool! Fab, fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work Karolyn! I love the use of the same wallpaper and fabric - perfect for such a small space!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing, Karolyn…adore the wallpaper and the chandelier is the perfect complement! Happy long weekend…

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my viewers so comment frequently!